VFIT H.I.I.T. Group Fitness Classes
H.I.I.T. - High Intensity Interval Training
Backed by science, it's been proven that decreasing exercise time, while increasing training intensity can produce positive results as compared to longer, low intensity exercise sessions.
What exactly is H.I.I.T?
- Very intense periods of work (10 seconds to 2:00 usually)
- Followed by very brief periods of rest (10 seconds to 1:00 minute usually)
- Repeated for a certain number of bouts
- A classic H.I.I.T workout is a Tabata. 20 seconds of exercise, followed by 10 seconds recovery for 8 rounds per exercise, with a minute rest between exercises. Often there might be 4 to 6 exercises in a workout.
Benefits of VFIT H.I.I.T?
- Short workout sessions for your busy life
- Improved athletic capacity and conditioning
- Improved glucose matabolism
- Improved fat burning
- Huge variety so you never get bored.
Back before H.I.I.T. became popular, we just called them one of our Boot Camp formats.
When people think of H.I.I.T., Crossfit and certain parts of Orange Theory might come to mind. While we are similar, we are different in two key ways.
- We don't push people to lift excessively heavy weights while exhausted, which could lead to injury.
- Our H.I.I.T. workouts are significantly more intense, as compared to Orange Theory. Many of our members state the circuit training aspect of Orange Theory is a joke compared to what we do. Why is this?
We have been running Group Fitness Classes since 2010 and have perfected them. We have hundreds of unique workouts and know what works, and what doesn't. Turn your body from a fat storing, to fat burning machine.